MoonTime Farms is a two acre produce and herb farm in Veneta, OR.
What we offer:
- Sleeping is in a 21’ RV with power (no
water & first come, first serve) or your own tent; wifi is available. Bathroom and kitchen
access is in main house.
- There is always food in the house, lots of
fresh produce, and we’ll provide basic groceries. Meals can be with us, or
cook for yourself, and you must always
clean up after yourself.
- We have bicycles and a canoe for the lake
¼ mile away; we can take you to town when we go or there is a bus stop 1
What we expect:
is PHYSICAL. Farming
is ON A SCHEDULE. Farming
- You must be willing to fall in the mud,
squish bugs, touch slugs and slime.
- Ability to shovel compost, crawl on the
ground to weed, maneuver hay bales, and do other intense chores is required.
- Generally, this is 4 hours/day, Mon-Fri,
but this can be arranged ahead if you want several days off in a row. Or,
we may ask for longer hours per day during high activity times (planting).
We expect 20 hours per week of “decent work”. This definition must be agreed upon by all parties before you move
to the farm.
- Activities on the farm will include:
Shoveling, pitch forking manure, compost,
leaves, gravel, sand or hay bales
Raking, tilling, digging, seeding, transplanting
– all mostly with hand tools
Tending to chickens – feeding, watering,
collecting eggs, coop cleaning, fencing
Harvesting, cleaning, sorting, weighing, storing
Marketing, selecting, bagging, selling,
collecting $ (MATH)