- We are a Spanish-speaking Costa Rican family, excellent opportunity
to practice with us the lives in a remote area outside of Puriscal. Our
farm is 19 hectares and we produce organic crops. We
have 2 horses, 4 pigs, 2 rabbits, 4 gooses, and several cows.
We make our own homemade cheese from cow's milk and
we have a biodigestor which allows us to cook using
methane from our pigs. We are now focused on building more organic
crops, specifically fresh vegetables like chilies,
tomatoes, yuca, oranges, lemon, pineapple, sweet potatoe, zuchini, mango, papaya, aguacate, cucumber, mustard, starfruit, pejibaye, platano, banana, chayote, frijoles, carrot and other locally grown vegetables. There are
volunteer opportunities for construction projects,
gardening, and working with medicinal plants here on
our farm as well. Nearby activities can include
tours of hot springs, river tours, visiting
waterfalls and more.
We also have opportunities to work in the local park and if you speak english you can help students in the local Mastatal school.
- We have individual rooms for volunteers,and rustic cabins. As wel,l area for camping if you have your own tent.
- We have compost toilets and regular toilets and shower.
- Children are welcome. The guest house is located near the main family home.
Volunteers are expected to work 5 hours per day, 5
days a week. Minimum stay is one week. All meals
are provided and volunteers eat with the family.
Vegetarian options can be accomodated upon request.
- For more information visit our website: www.villasmastatal.com
People who have visited this farm